Saturday 29 January 2011

Shimmy!!

On Wednesday night I did my first bellydance class and I've got to say, I think I could get hooked! I'd been at home all day and dragging myself out in the dark was tough, but I knew there was a chance I'd discover something special in Anerley...

A friendly crowd of ladies had also braved the cold. There was a real mix of ages, all shapes and sizes and thankfully, not a bare midriff in sight! We started with a gentle warm-up sitting on mats then moved on to some basic moves and by the end of the class, we were putting them all together in a short routine. Beginners' nerves quickly gave way and we were soon shakin' our collective booty and shimmying like mad!

The gorgeous Colette is an inspiration: if belly dancing can give you a waist like that - I'm in!  All I need now is one of those coin scarf thingies for that satisfying jingle jangle....

Everyone was on a bit of a high by the end of the class and seemed keen to come back next week. I hope they do – I think this could be a great way to have a laugh and make some new local friends. Can't wait for next Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment