Friday 4 March 2011

Week 6 – Bye Bye Belly….

This week was the last class of 6 – just one more short course and the beginners will be intermediates!  Woo hoo!  In April, the classes are moving to a fantastic new venue down the road with huge mirrors, so everyone can really hone their skills and make sure they’re looking good!

By the end of the class we had a pretty impressive routine going and Colette gave us a sneak peek of some of the moves she’ll be teaching in the next part of the beginners’ course.  I wonder if anyone’s been brave enough to give a home demonstration yet?!

We ended the course with a celebratory drink.  There’s never much time for chat in class, so it was lovely to get to know each other a bit socially – hopefully this can become a regular thing for the group!

Unfortunately, I’m moving up north this week, so this is my final blog L  I’ll miss the classes and the girls, but I’ll make sure I keep up my belly skills until I get settled and find a new class!  It’s worth checking out the belly dance videos on Youtube between classes.  Styles and techniques do vary, but it’s a good way to get motivated to practice.

I’ll keep my eye out for Colette’s events and I hope to see my fellow beginners strutting their stuff in public some time!  In the meantime, keep  up the good work and have fun!

The London Girl x

No comments:

Post a Comment